Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mini Iris


photo label

It rained all day, but I'm not complaining. We've needed it badly. Here is a picture of miniature iris in my rock garden.

If I hadn't forgotten the camera I might have shared pics from the piano recital of several other members of the family that have been featured here from time to time.

Between church and the recital and almost no sleep last night, I did not get much done!

Hike Planning Report
Looked up the long range weather forecast for northern Minnesota


See Bagpipes for Loretta
See We Were... Loud

6 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

After all of this rain we'll be getting, everything should start to turn pretty green. The piano recital would have been fun to comment on too. Variety on a blog is a good thing.

rainfield61 said...

Rain is to wash away all the unwanted things. The surrounding is so bright and clear after the rain.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Bright and clear may be coming, but not just yet, Rainfield!

Yes, Ratty... I'm really sorry I didn't take the camera. We knew several of the children who were playing... wow 11 of them, actually... that's just short of half of the participants, and the teacher is a good friend too.

Anonymous said...

I have mini iris' too - but mine are a light purple. We should trade some! :)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Angelicca- I have several colors. The yellow ones seem to die out after a few years, but the blue and purple shades do well.

Julia said...

Iris's are one of my favorite flowers. I just wish they would bloom longer. There were many many many up in CA last week in the oak woodlands. Just beautiful!