Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Ten Fifteen Favorite Posts of 2010

 
snowy curve on Conrad Road Ludington Michigan

Sometimes life curves away from us, ahead and behind, and we can't see where we are going... or maybe even recall where we have been. My life is a little bit like that right now. Thank you, friends who wanted this list... it has been quite instructive to me personally.

I couldn't do it. I tried really hard. I couldn't believe how hard it was to pick my favorite posts of 2010. And, then, to choose only 10... nope, ain't happenin'. Anyway, only other (almost) OCD people will know the struggle... I mean, should I pick one of each topic: birds, colors, animals, writing, crafts, humor? Should I pick the ten with my favorite pictures, or with the best writing? Sigh... In the end the first eight were easy. Then I crossed off some others with a heavy hand, leaving these 15, in no particular order. You'll just have to speculate on which were the easy 8.

Just WOW in Blue and White (color)

A Tale of Nor-Dunes (writing- humor)

The Party's Over But It's OK (NCT Quest)

The Last Day- June 24 (NCT Quest)

Jordan River- Day 2, June 16 (flowers)

Sandhill Crane Family (birds)

Who is Sylvia? (wildlife)

Where Am I Going? (friends, personal philosophy)

Salmon Sea (poem)

Inside Out (humor)

Orange (color, humor)

Swimming with Duke, Dreaming with Frida (friends, personal goals)

Philadelphia Flower Show 2010- Form (design, texture)

Moose in Boots Passes Test #1 (writing)

Dogs of My Life- Butchy Boy I (dogs, personal)

That was interesting... I labeled them just now as I copied the links. Not a single craft thing made the list. Huh... Do we ever really know ourselves completely?



6 comments:

betchai said...

oh, your picture is very beautiful Sharkbytes, looks very serene and beautiful. thanks for sharing your favorite 15 posts, love reading your humor and poem.

Ann said...

I would say you did well in narrowing it down to just 15. Every time I think I know myself I end up doing something that surprises me and then I have to wonder...lol
That picture kind of sums up life in general, you just never know what's around the bend.

rainfield61 said...

Life curves......

Many unknowns are expected.

spinninglovelydays said...

That's a beautiful picture. I'll have fun looking at the top 15 posts.

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- thanks so much. I should do more humor... we could all use an extra smile.

Ann- I guess that means we like what we are doing, if we can't even pick the favorite posts, eh?

rainfield- "life curves" - sounds as profound as Einstein

Ivy- thanks! I love that piece of road. CONGRATS!

RNSANE said...

I don't know if I could go back and choos ten favorites! That is too daunting a task. I thought I kept up with your post pretty much but I see I missed a couple along the way. I'm glad to see them now.