Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some Stories Cast Long Shadows

 

shadows on snow

We have enough snow again to ski, and there was a break today with a bit of rare sun mid-day. That's an unusual time of day for winter sun here, and so this is a shadow I don't usually see. Even though it was created by one of those horrid Autumn Olives, I like it.

Some people do seem interested in popular posts. Of course, there is more than one way to do this. I could list the most popular posts that were written in 2010, or the posts that had the most views in 2010- not exactly the same thing. Since I haven't done this before, I'll do the ones with the most views... but some of them were written earlier.

I've put them in logical order, but note that the popularity order isn't the same. This was very interesting. I am shocked that the silly alphabet project is so popular. And I have no logical way to explain # 6 and 9. Of course, I wish my NCT hike had been in the top ten, but... o well! Total pageviews for 2010 were 346,492. Not bad.

1. Nature's Alphabet A-E
8. Nature's Alphabet F-J
2. Nature's Alphabet K-O
3. Nature's Alphabet P-T
5. Nature's Alphabet U-Z

4. Philadelphia Flower Show 2010- Bonsai
7. Philadelphia Flower Show 2010- Miniatures

6. Sumac Times Three
9. Two Trumpets, Different Tunes and an Itchy Cow?
10. Baby Moose (I'm embarrassed to report, since I didn't take these pictures)

Maybe another day I'll have to subject you to a list of my own favorites of 2010. But not right away. I have an interesting place to show you first.



4 comments:

RNSANE said...

I'd actually be very interested to know YOUR favorites, Joan.

Ann said...

we've been getting snow again here, yesterday we had some sun but today it's all gray skies and clouds.
I liked those nature's alphabet posts.
I think you should list your favorite posts.

spinninglovelydays said...

Me too, I'd like to know which ones are your favorites.
The Nature Alphabet was fun (that was really creative) and I loved looking at the miniatures in the flower show. I think I'll go look at the miniatures again.:)

Sharkbytes said...

Well... so far the consensus is certainly for me to pick my fav posts... OK... soon.

I'm thinking about another alphabet, but maybe a bit different.