Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Contest Day- Win an Ad for a Month


sample captcha

Are you ready to write? I've let you off the hook for a couple of months, so it's time for some creative wordcrafting. I bet you can even guess what it might involve. You are so smart!
sample captcha

Just the other day I was given a slightly naughty Re-CAPTCHA code of "tityperp Vernon." Now, if that doesn't scream for a story, I don't know what does! I also have seen "imillown Amelie." Here's one I put together from two Blogger verifications: "bobobabi pymate." And there are two examples above. So, here is your assignment:

1. Choose two Captcha words. They can be shown together, or separately and you just like them together. You can use one of my samples, or find some of your own. It's not as if they are in short supply!
2. Those are to be the title of an essay/story
3. Write that essay/story of 300-500 words
4. Both words must appear in your story at least twice each
5. Send your story to jhy@t-one.net before 11:59 pm EST, Monday, February 28, 2011 (yes that only gives you three days- no sense prolonging the agony- you either plan to do it or not!)

The winner will be chosen by... YOU. I'll post the stories without the authors' names, on Tuesday, and you can vote for the one you like best!



1 comment:

Ann said...

This is a very cool idea. I was thinking the other day that I had to start writing down some of the captcha words I came across and do an off the wall post with them.