Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Can You Believe This?


snowy road

I think perhaps I'm speechless. Oh, probably not... but really, how many more times do you want to hear about snow?

This is what it looked like as I drove home from the writer's group open mic night. The view was enhanced all too often by lightning. Yes, LIGHTNING. Well, I have a number of work assignments to do tomorrow, so at the worst you should see some little lakes with snowy edges tomorrow!

7 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I'd like to hibernate for a few weeks and then wake up to a better world.

Ann said...

It is getting a bit ridiculous. We had some flurries but nothing stuck to the ground. I was just looking at my pictures from last year this time, everything was green then. We are soooo far behind.

spinninglovelydays said...

Ooh, that snow looks so good!

Unknown said...

It's a long, cold spring. It's 2C (36F) today, and we had snow over the weekend. I wonder when people are going to be able to get their gardens in?

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Chuck- no kidding! one can still walk, but it would be a lot prettier with some GREEN.

Ann- barely a leaf daring to unfurl, and the birds are shivering.

Ivy- I know... I don't want your extreme either! Too fussy.

Doomer- nobody here puts much except peas in before Memorial Day unless they plan to cover it some nights, but it's not even possible to get the ground ready, really- we haven't done the mud season yet.

Unknown said...

Oh, I know that planting isn't getting started yet up here. I'm not sure what Memorial Day is, but the Queen's birthday (May 24) is when I've always been told to plant. However, like you said - you can't even get the ground ready because it's still frozen. We're still dipping well below freezing at night.

We've been trying to get a community garden going at a nearby church, and I want to get started!

I saw some brave tulips today that tried to make a go of it and died from the cold. That's a very sad thing to see.

Sharkbytes said...

Doomer- I finally have some daffodils blooming!