Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Foggy Day

 
Today was warm, as the weatherman promised. It was also raining, wet, foggy, some thunder and lightning. Not exactly a day for outdoor activities. But it had a few pleasures.

This morning, a flock of juncos showed up to eat seeds from some viper's bugloss I didn't mow because I think they are so pretty. I guess the birds like the seeds!

Here's a perky little junco contemplating one just out of easy reach.

junco

After I watched a while, one single chickadee showed up and wanted to be part of the feast.

junco and chickadee

Later in the day, the fog thickened. This is certainly the best picture of the day!

tree in fog

See The Fog is Lifting
See One Little Junco
See Viper's Bugloss
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

8 comments:

The Retired One said...

Loved these shots!

eileeninmd said...

Cute Junco and I do love the chickadees. The foggy scene and tree is gorgeous. Great captures. Have a happy day!

Unknown said...

Wow. You have so much snow, and the rain doesn't seem to shift it like it does here. The birds are really cute. And that foggy tree deserves a poem if I had time to think one up.

Secondary Roads said...

I agree about best photo! That one is super good.

Juncos showed up here on Tuesday as well. I like to watch those busy little ground feeders. They are so animated.

Shelly said...

The pic of the fog covered tree was cool. Eerie...

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

vanilla said...

I like the juncos, They do show up at our Indiana home. Here, not so much.

It makes me happy that you have a good camera!

Ann said...

I saw the same kind of weather here but I didn't get out to see if I could spot any birds. Love that fog picture

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Joan- I thought of all you northern birders as I took them

Eileen- I had enough pictures to make a collage like you do, but most of them didn't have really good focus. It's hard in the rain.

Jean- The rain pretty much finished off the snow today, but we are supposed to get more

Chuck- the juncos are my favorite birds of winter

Shelly- Not sure about eerie, but it's like the tree is floating

vanilla- meh- it's a moderate camera, but I'm glad you enjoy looking at my little efforts

Ann- I made an effort to find something good!