Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Top Commenters for April 2013

 

Comments were down in April. I can understand that. Spring is a really busy time! And I haven't been as faithful to read and comment on some other people's blogs either. I've figured out a way to help fix that. The problem was an artifact of the way I used to visit blogs when Adgitize and Entrecard were still viable. I had a long list of blogs I checked every day, whether there was a new post or not. That just wasn't practical any more, and I didn't like any of the blog feed programs I'd found.

But Chuck clued me in to feedly.com. It's simple and doesn't have a thousand bells and whistles I don't need or want. I've been working on getting the blogs I really want to follow and comment on added to it. Seems like about every other day I find one that was important to me that I had missed. This lets me visit only when there is a new post. It's working very well, and hopefully you've noticed me leaving comments regularly. If I'm not, and you are a regular visitor here, feel free to remind me about YOU.

Anyway... there were 120 comments (not mine) on My Quality Day in April.

The top five are the usual suspects. However, places 6,7, and 8 were not far behind place 5. And, Ratty is back on line, so next month is anyone's guess. Your blog could be linked next month with a 125x125 image.

Ann's Snap & Edit (Ann- 28 comments)- Ann stays on top. Her usual spot! She and Duke will make you smile.
Secondary Roads (Chuck- 23 comments)- Chuck and Sylvia have become real-life friends- I've met several blogger buds, but they are close enough in miles to see them occasionally.
String Too Short to Tie (David (vanilla)- 14 comments)- Back in Indiana, and sharing springtime.
Duck & Wheel with String (Lin- 11 comments)- Lin is becoming an empty-nester, with mixed feelings.
Carmen's Chronicles (Carmen- 9 comments)- Carmen's first grandchild is the beautiful Harper.

The banner in the sidebar for a month is a way I can say thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm now writing for a site that seems to be paying fairly well. You can check out my stuff at Bubblews. If you like what you see and want to sign up, please use my Bubblews referral.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

5 comments:

Lin said...

Oooh, dang! I'm still on there! And with all that is going on in my life outside of blogging...well...that's something.

I always enjoy your posts, Sharkey. And lately, when I'm not reading you online, I'm reading a chapter here and there of your book. :) I love it so, and I take one chapter or two a day so that it lasts.

Love ya, Sharkey! Happy Mother's Day!

Rick (Ratty) said...

I use feedly a lot too, but for stuff unrelated to blogs. I do things too chaotically to keep up that way.

The way things are going I'll hopefully be back on your list this next time. I can't describe how happy I am to be able to blog again with this much regularity.

vanilla said...

Thank you for the link! I try to read daily, and I always enjoy your posts, even though I don't always comment.

Secondary Roads said...

Thanks for the link love. It takes an effort on your part to track and recognize your faithful commenting minions.

Sylvia and I always look forward to your visits and the great conversations that we share when you are with us.

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- That's very nice of you! Many people enjoy the book piecemeal, and I think that's great.

Ratty- welcome back! I've missed you.

vanilla- so glad we got to be friends

Chuck- I enjoy doing it!