Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Plume Moth

 
When I was out doing assignments yesterday, I saw this moth on someone's house. I had no idea what it was! But thanks to the internet, I quickly learned it is a plume moth, in the family Pterophoridae.

white plume moth

This is completely new to me. But on Bugguide.net there are quite a few of these- white, brown and mottled ones. If they spread their wings they are somewhat ragged, looking almost like feathers. I wish I would have poked it to see if it would flutter or something.

I think they look like little twigs that somehow sprouted wings. Now I want to find more!

See Scorched Wing Plagodis
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

5 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

We have seen a few here but they never stay still long enough.

vanilla said...

That's just weird.

Ann said...

I've never seen one of those, very interesting

Secondary Roads said...

That's different. I've never seen one like that before.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow that is wun crazy lukking moth!!! ar yoo shoor it is not wun of those seekret gummint drones i hav ben heering abowt??? ok bye