Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 11, 2013

One Cardinal Flower

 
Today's lovely was one single cardinal flower against the backdrop of a marshy edge.

photo label

And! I think I finally have conquered how to use the manual focus on this camera without spending 20 minutes fiddling and then giving up in disgust.

And! I think I managed to change the background brightness for the manual settings back to something normal. I had accidentally gotten it way too bright.

P.S. I went to a play tonight, but I'll save the pictures for an upcoming day. I'll be traveling again this week, so will schedule a post.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

vanilla said...

"That's gorgeous." JoAnn's comment, and she is right.

rainfield61 said...

You managed to know a few new things today.

That's great.

Secondary Roads said...

Love that shot. The contrast of colors is super. Congrats on taming the manual focus beast.

I think you've shamed me into following your example.

Ann said...

oh that's really pretty. Love the splash of red and the compostition is great.