Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Cyperus

 
You know I love wetland plants, right?

There are two large groups of sedges, the Carex, with hundreds of species, and Cyperus with a good number, but not hundreds. I won't trouble you with the differences tonight. I have to get to bed. Just enjoy the flowering of a plant hardly anyone notices, and if they do, they call it a weed. I have no idea which particular Cyperus this is. I'd need to bring home one of the plants and key it out. The differences are technical except for a few easy ones.

cyperus

cyperus

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

yes it does look familiar and I know when I've seen it I've called it a weed :)

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Now you can call it a Cyperus weed.

RNSANE said...

Weed or not, it's pretty.