Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Seed Gathering Time

The cutest thing today by far- a wary little chipmunk with a pine seed in his mouth. He held still for me to take his picture-- I think because he was afraid I would steal his prize and he thought if he was motionless I might not see him. Guess he doesn't understand about backlighting and silhouettes.

eastern chipmunk

See The Chipmunk
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I love chipmunks with their little chipmunk attitudes.

Ann said...

he's a cute one. I spotted on the other day but didn't have my camera with me

Secondary Roads said...

He's a cute little fellow. He did the right thing, AND you didn't take his pine seed.

Lin said...

Oh my gosh!! What a cute photo. I love chipmunks. :)

RNSANE said...

He certainly posed nicely for you. I haven't seen one in ages. I don't even see squirrels anymore since my mother is now in a nursing home. They used to frequent the pecan trees in her yard. Sadly, one got in the attic once and died there. I was visiting at that time but she said the smell became unbearable.