Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Fog Frost

 
Today was a work day, and it was truly amazing. It was foggy, but just below freezing, so the fog was forming frost on every small twig (and more).

First, a couple of long shots to give you a sense of the magic. I took too many pictures, and even so didn't stop to get the creamsicle color of the weeping willows or the pink of the red osier dogwood. (I would have to start subtracting work time if I made many picture stops).

road with frosty trees

This one looks creamier, if you know what I mean.

grass with frosty trees

It was hard to choose just a few photos. I'm a complete sucker for frosty evergreens. I can never seem to get enough of them.

frosted red pine

Even the dead branches become interesting when coated in white.

frosted spruce

I am really sorry to say that I wasn't paying any attention to what kind of tree this is, so that will be a puzzle for another day, but I love the frost stars on the buds.

frosted buds

Can you believe that even spiderwebs were transformed?

frosted spiderwebs

And, sorry, just one more. I just love the shape of this maple against the sky, and the frost softens it so it looks like it's in bud, ready to erupt in white leaves.

frosted maple tree

Off to work in a bit. Hope it will be a fast stuffer run.

See Frost and Sun
See Frost, No Fog
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


10 comments:

John Sealander said...

Nice pictures! I really like the frosty spiderweb...

Rick (Ratty) said...

You really captured the beauty of winter with these.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I love frosty photos.

vanilla said...

Enjoying your beautiful images, for I am sitting inside, warm and cozy!

The Furry Gnome said...

One of those rare winter days that's just special. Wonderful pictures.

D.G. Hudson said...

I like the last one and I'm a fan of snowy pix, too. You have a fantastic eye for the good shots! We won't tell that you stopped for a good cause - photos for your blog.

Ann said...

How is it possible to dislike something so much when it's so darn pretty in pictures? lol Love that first shot. The snow, frost and ice do have a way of transforming everything into something beautiful

Lin said...

Beautiful, Sharkey. Winter is lovely, isn't it?

I am gonna tell you that someday...when it's warm again...if ever...I wanna go on a hike with you. Do you ever take a hike that wouldn't kill somebody like me? And can we sleep under the stars and have a fire and stuff. I'd like to do that someday if you are game.

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The coloring is amazing!