Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, January 9, 2015

White Out

 
You knew it wouldn't last, right. I had to come back to the snow. The wind actually let up for a while this afternoon and I went out for a snowshoe jaunt. White was the theme, and I decided to bring you some white trees.

Here's the white birch.

white birch

Followed by the clump of white pines my trail goes through.

white pines

And I hope you appreciate this one. I had to walk extra, off my trail, to bring you the white aspen.

white aspen

After that we have to lose the theme and just switch to the color. Here is the white cemetery.

cemetery in winter

But the afternoon ended with a bright cardinal in all the whiteness. Of course the camera wouldn't focus through the falling snow. But it was so bright, I spotted this huge red dot out the window and quick slipped into Om's shoes and ran out with no coat to try to catch him.

cardinal

(I have to snowblow the driveway at about 11:30 so I can be pretty sure I'll be able to get back in after work. I'm really looking forward to that, but I'll live. The good news is that the snowblower is working well this year, thanks to some repairs.)

See White Birch is Brown
See My Kingdom (for the white pines in sunset)
See What Happened to the White Aspen
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Ann said...

White seems to be the theme around here too. That cardinal sure does stand out. Luckily we have someone plowing our driveway for us. Just the little spot I shoveled for Gibbs did me in

Secondary Roads said...

Had to drive through white out conditions yesterday. I'm staying home today.

vanilla said...

Without a coat? Are you mad?

Really nice birdie picture, though.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- we decided long ago we couldn't afford to have someone plow for us. And back then, it needed to be done before 3 am. Even the plow drivers don't go out that early. (paper route then)

Chuck- last week was surely bad

Vanilla- just a minute or so. I didn't even get cold