Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Cherry Blossoms

 
Sorry about the lapse in blog posts for a few days. Life sort of had me by the tail for a while, but I think I've recovered and am ready to take on the week.

Here's some quality: the prediction was for rain today, but after a damp morning it turned into a gorgeous, breezy, sunny day. I took a nice walk.

I think this is some domestic cherry gone wild. First fruit tree in full bloom I've encountered here this year. Spring it is!

cherry blossoms

They are worth a smile or five without any explanation.

cherry blossoms

See Good Fruit Year?
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

vanilla said...

Beautiful! Spring it is indeed. Thuderboomers overhead, forecast: 80s next six days!

Secondary Roads said...

Beautiful! We have a cherry that looks just like yours. Was too busy to grab a shot yesterday and we got all your rain and dark overcast today. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

Unknown said...

That is lovely, Joan. My cherry blossom is pink and is shedding petals in the high wind so there is pink snow at the front of my and our neighbours' houses stight now.

Ann Thompson said...

I love seeing the trees full of blossoms in the spring.