Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Twice Pied

 
Do you remember when I saw the robin with partial albinism, two years ago? Well I saw another one today. This one is not so mottled, but definitely has white in the wrong places. I've heard more and more of birds like this. I wonder if there is more of it or we are just noticing more.

mottled robin

mottled robin

See Calico Robin
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

And the obvious question is ...why?

vanilla said...

Poor little robin, walkin, walkin through Michigan. .
Partial albino robin in our yard a few years ago, mottled, at least half white..

Secondary Roads said...

I saw an albino robin here a couple of years ago, but not since.

Ann Thompson said...

interesting. I wonder why there are more of them.

RNSANE said...

I wonder if they are treated differently by other robins.