Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Black Eyes, Blue Skies

 
I went for an evening walk today, after it cooled down a bit.

It doesn't take much to make me smile. Black-eyed Susans are usually good for it. Today was no exception.

black-eyed susan

black-eyed susan

We are in high summer with some flowers in full bloom, and others already going to seed.

The low sun was in my eyes going out, but I was led home by this glorious sky.

sky and clouds

Just "ordinary" things, but quality is available even when nothing unusual happens. Thank goodness for that!

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I stopped at "high summer," and then I realized it really is. Oh my! And the days are getting shorter.

Ann Thompson said...

I've always liked black eyed susans.