Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Killdeer II

 
"Caught" one of my favorite birds today, the killdeer. It didn't seem to be trying to lure me away from a nest, but was just walking across this lawn.

killdeer

Still have work to do, so this has to be short tonight. Long day, but I got to spend some of it driving back roads, it was sunny but not too hot. Can't complain about that!

See Killdeer for another one in 2012
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I like killdeers. Every time I see one I realize I forgot what they're called. I still remember them from the last time I saw them each time though.

Secondary Roads said...

Her eggs have hatched and the babies are on their own. Now it's "empty nest syndrome."

Ann Thompson said...

I don't see these too often any more but when I was growing up there was an empty lot next door that we always saw them in