Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 27, 2015

A Place to Call Home

 
I caught this picture last week, but hadn't shared it yet. It's a handsome muskrat lodge made of cattails. Sometimes they dig lodges in banks, but often they make a lodge something like a beaver but not from woody material.

I am thankful for a place to call home, and I spent part of the afternoon in a warm bed with no cattails. Worked 8-3 today, and am getting ready to head in for the night.

muskrat lodge


See Furry Swimmer
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

I wouldn't mind living on lake front property but I would prefer to build on dry land :). That's an interesting construction.

Secondary Roads said...

Nice shot. Unfortunately, we probably won't see more of it in BHG.