Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Changes, and First Update

 
I'm going to try to do a goal update on the first of each month. Not the whole list. That would be a complete bore, just items where I've made progress. Even though it's only been a week since I started, it is the first of November. So this will be a short report, but it proves I can remember my goals for a few days, at least.

But first, a sad example of how things just don't stay the same. Without maintenance, buildings fall apart. This old school building that I featured almost three years ago didn't survive last winter's snow. [I learned in 2019 that it was known as the Jones School.]

school building

Here's what it looks like now.

school building

That seemed an appropriate message to go with the goals, since the bulk of the report is on fitness stuff. Those goals won't be met at all if I don't get busy. Sure, we get older and can't do as much, but without maintenance anyone gets wimpy fast.

So, for those of you who seem to care about progress, here we go...

54 in 300, report on day 8
NumberCategoryItem
5WRITINGfinish Dead Mule Swamp Druggistfinished chapter 19
6WRITINGdo 10 book promotion things1, and signed up for another, and have a feeler out for a third. You can see the one on the Trail Summit blog at Wild Woman- Joan Young
7WRITINGwriting schedule day 50 times1, with the current work schedule, about once a week is all I can do this
9WRITINGpursue a contract I can't name yetfollow up letter written
21FITNESSincrease to 30 pushups12 I have to work up to this, but the most I've ever gotten to is 25, so this is a goal to stretch myself
22FITNESSincrease to 100 jumping jacks40, easy peasy... been to 100 many times, just need to work on it
23FITNESSincrease to 2 min planking60 sec, the most I've ever gotten to was 70 sec, so I have no idea if I can do this
24FITNESSwalk, bike, ski or snowshoe 200 times3, not good enough to be on track, but see #28
28HIKINGclear my trail betterworked on this 3 days
29PERSONALSavings Goaladded to the total
30PERSONALFinancial Goal #2did one thing on this project
31PERSONALlose 10 pounds??- may have lost 1 pound, but my weight bounces around so much that one week isn't enough time to be sure
32PERSONALplay music 50 times2
33PERSONALother #1 (200 times)5
35MISCmake 21 quarts juice3, I made cider today


See Playing with Old Buildings
See Oh No! It's a List
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

The fact that you're keeping track is probably more important than your actual progress!

John Sealander said...

I could never be this regimented. It is impressive what you're doing though...

Small Kucing said...

You have got good self discipline to record all these. Good for you

Ann said...

good for you working on all those goal. I have a hard time setting one and sticking with it.
Sad to see what winter did to that old building. There were a lot of old barns and other old buildings that suffered a lot from last winter around here