Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Weird and Wonderful

 
Yes, it's Thanksgiving. I'm just ending the longest run without blogging except perhaps when I was off hiking. Here's why.

The newspapers and shopper editions with the flyers for all the Black Friday and pre-Christmas sales are the largest of the entire year. I've just worked eight days in a row with a total of more than 60 hours. For that, I am truly thankful! But I'm also whipped. Everyone who worked on that project is; it's not just because I'm old (so they all assure me- and they look bushed, too).

So, when Omer asked what we were going to do for Turkey Day, I said, "I am going to be too tired to care. Surprise me." So he did.

Thanksgiving buffet

He got House of Flavors fresh roasted turkey (if you are local, you know that is GOOD), pie from Big Boy, and several kinds of deli salads. The kale one is especially good. He made the cranberry relish himself.

It was perfect. I didn't do a thing except open a few containers. I've been in my pjs all day. We ate when we wanted to. It was quiet. I am happy. (PS- I go to work at 8am tomorrow again!)

Thanks, Om!

See Thanksgiving 2011
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

What a great dinner! Sorry about all the hard work, but Happy Thanksgiving!

John Sealander said...

Sounds like a nice, peaceful dinner! Happy Thanksgiving...

Ann said...

My kind of dinner, easy, quiet and relaxed. He did good

vanilla said...

Omer: a prince among men!

Lin said...

Hooray for Omer!

Sounds like work is CRAZY! Hang in there. I think you did the right thing by just relaxing on the holiday and re-grouping. Sounds like a very busy time indeed.

Always miss you when you are not blogging, dear friend.