Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 2, 2015

Woolly Bear Hiking My Way

 
This woolly bear caterpillar was hiking right along the road, straight as an arrow. I picked him up, and he didn't curl up!

woolly bear

Every woolly bear I've seen this fall has a wide orange stripe. On this one, 7 of his 13 segments are orange. That says there will be a mild winter. Hey, it's as reliable as any other folk lore.

woolly bear

Even though he was making good time, I moved him out of the roadway. There would be no competition at all with a vehicle.

See Woolly Bear- Six Months Late
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Lin said...

Oooooh, Wooly worms!! I love the see them crossing the roads when we are out in the country in the autumn. But I do worry about them getting squished. :(

The Furry Gnome said...

A mild winter would be fine with me!

Mike said...

Neat! I never they were used to predict weather.

Ann said...

Well that's great news. I'm not up for a harsh winter