Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Third Time- Guess I Should Take a Picture

 
I have a love affair going with cauliflower. It's probably lasted three years or so at this point. I can't seem to get enough of it!

Found this recipe on line and with a couple of tweaks, I love it. This is the third time this summer I've made it. I ate the first batch all by myself. Then second and third were for potlucks. Pardon the plastic bag, but it's the best way to marinate it.

cauliflower salad

1 large head cauliflower- cut into small florets, cook about 5 minutes and then run under cold water to stop the cooking, drain.
Whisk together a dressing of 3/8 c. olive oil, 1/2 c. red wine vinegar, 1 t. Dijon mustard, salt, pepper.
Add 1/2 c. chopped red onion, half a jar of rinsed and drained capers, and chopped fresh parsley to taste (I like a lot) to the cauliflower.
Pour on the dressing, mix to coat all the veggies, and let it marinate at least overnight. I like the bag method because I can get good coverage and flip the bag at some point.


I have a super-full weekend planned with three separate activities. If I don't get to blog while on the road, at least I'll have things for next week.

First, of course, I have to work all night. But I'll be leaving right after I wake up tomorrow. See you sometime!

(BP -6 and counting)


See Begin and End with Food
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

I love cauliflower. This looks good.

Secondary Roads said...

Sure looks yummy to me.