Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Bright and Smiling

 
The day was bright and I am smiling. Spent almost all of the time I was awake working on book formatting. That accomplishment report is over at the author blog. But I took a nice walk in the middle to stretch my muscles.

There's a little pond at the corner of First Street and Gordon Road. Sun on water sure looks good even if the water is small.

blue water in a small pond with cattails

blue water in a small pond with cattails

Found one plant trying to get with the springtime program. This is Vinca, myrtle, periwinkle.... whatever you call it.

Vinca minor leaves

Just a closeup of some bark on a Scots pine.

peeling bark on Scots pine

I caught this sight out of the corner of an eye and then worked to save it with the camera. The sunlight was making some of the twigs glow if you looked at it just right. They look like ice! I always like something a tiny bit different.

sunlight making twigs shine

And then, there are always the beech leaves that hang on throughout the winter. I love how they are so pale and papery. I just find them attractive.

persistent beech tree leaves

Fairly productive for a Saturday. I think I'm taking the party to bed really soon.


See Another Gorgeous Day
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

Looks like it was a nice day for a walk

vanilla said...

Nice series of photos, pine bark and all.